Tuesday 28 February 2012

Trellick Tower

Headed off to the Brand Museum this morning. On the way I passed one of the new London Buses, and also Erno Goldfingers’ iconic Trellick Tower.
I like the look of the new bus, wonder what they’re like inside?

I’ve only ever seen Trellick Tower from afar. You do see it from all over that part of town, which I would figure is the reason for its iconic status. It is impressive on the landscape, but still pretty down at heel close up, despite the price tag northwards of a quarter of a million for a single bed flat here. Goldfinger designed an earlier and almost identical tower called the Balfron Tower, which hasn’t achieved anywhere near the same amount of esteem, stuck as it is out in the wilds of Poplar.







You’re not allowed to take photos in the Brand Museum, which is a shame for me as I could have taken photos of everything in this place. To call it the Museum of Brands undersells it somewhat in my opinion, as it is a brilliant museum of, well, stuff. If you believe, as I do, that any conversation, given enough time, will eventually get on to sweets you remember as a kid, then this is a definite place to visit. http://www.museumofbrands.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment