Friday 3 February 2012

Kings Cross New Roof

I saw this photo in the Evening Standard of the new roof at Kings Cross, so I thought I'd head down to take a look myself.



So I headed off on my bike. Didn't actually get to see much. The area was still closed off. Duh. I did see the roof, but only over some hoardings.


Still, the outside looks nice.



I then headed off to take a skek of the rest of the area. They've done up the German gymnasium at the back very well, and turned a granary store into the new building for Central St. Martins schools of Art.






On the way back, I looped into town via the Brunswick Centre, which is a building a bit like Rowley Way from a previous post. Bit scrubbed up a bit.




Outside the paving slabs have some interesting bits of antique metal inlaid in them. First time I've noticed them, don't know what they mean.




And just a couple of streets away from the Brunswick Centre is London's very own Guggenheim. It used to be a bus depot, now done up and is the McCann Erickson office.


No comments:

Post a Comment