Wednesday 14 March 2012

Lloyds Building and the Swiss Re Tower


Took a wee cycle down the city of London today, and took some snaps of the two most famous buildings in the square mile, Norman Foster's Swiss Re tower, otherwise known as the Gherkin, and the Richard Roger's Lloyds building. 

Externally,I prefer the Lloyds building, it's just much more interesting, and despite being finished in 1986, still looks more futuristic and exciting than the Gherkin. Internally though, I prefer the Gherkin. I've only been on the inside of the Lloyds building, and I thought the interior didn't live up to the exterior, aside from the impressive central atrium, but from the photos I've seen of the interior of the Gherkin, it looks like an amazing interior space.




















No comments:

Post a Comment